On that note:
|Guacamole in a Jar|
- 1 leftover glass pasta sauce jar* & an electric mixer
- 1 semi-smooshy avocado, cut into 1" cubes, or 1/40ths (sorry, blame the Matthews-er in me)
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbs (at least) of lime juice-- fresh, or from a bottle, OR you can also substitute lemon juice & it will still be awesome.
- 1/4 red onion, diced (you can use other varieties, but red onion just tastes more Mexican to me. Awkward but true.)
- finely diced jalapeño
- chopped cilantro (I just grab a bunch in my hand and hack at it with scissors) (...the cilantro, I mean)
- OR: a couple spoonfuls of salsa because somebody already cut all the stuff up for you.
*Why a jar? We wash & save jars to store all our leftovers in. It's cheaper than tupperware, won't melt in the microwave, won't stain/absorb weird smells, and is probably healthier than plastic. This habit led to just making guacamole right in the jar, because doing dishes sucks.
1. Put everything in the jar.
2. Put one beater on the mixer, & beat away.
|Revolutionary!! HAHAHA. Ha. Haha. So punny.|
3. I was going to say, "Don't forget to lick the beater," but it's just too awkward when it's part of something's face and makes you think of horrible, horrible conjunctivitis.
|( Herman is special, he only needed one sticker.)|
4. Spoon onto burritos, oh heck YES.
5. Hopefully, you saved the lid from that jar. Screw it on & stick the leftovers in the fridge!
...If there are leftovers.